September is National Baby Safety Month. Check out these useful tips to help keep your baby happy and safe!
- Keep the baby crib clear of additional items: Although it may look pretty, forgo the bumper and the blanket in the crib, they can suffocate a newborn baby.
- Make sure your car seat is installed properly: A child car seat can save your baby’s life, but only if it’s installed correctly. Carefully follow the instructions when installing Baby’s car seat in the family car. You can even pop into your local fire department to have them check for proper installation.
- Find a highly recommended pediatrician you like and can trust: Your baby’s doctor will be in their life for several years to come. Research your local pediatricians and ask other Mom’s and Dad’s who they would recommend. Pick a pediatrician who is accessible 24 hours a day and can answer any questions or concerns you may have even in the middle of the night. Most pediatrician offices should offer a number you can call 24 hours a day to speak with a Nurse or the Doctor on-call.
- Stay alert on baby product recalls: Products like baby toys, swings, strollers, car seats, and food and medication are all susceptible to recalls. The Consumer Product Safety Commision is a useful resource to find out all the latest information about product recalls.
- Find a baby monitor with great sound and video capability: Give yourself piece of mind 24-7 and be able to monitor your baby from any room in the house. Invest in a good baby monitor.
- Keep baby’s room protected from indoor air pollution: Contaminants, dust, dander, irritants, and odors can irritate Baby’s breathing, so be sure to invest in a high-quality air purifier with advanced PCO Technology.